Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yellow Rose Porcelain Collector Plate

I grew up in a really small town and ten miles outside of town there was a restaurant named Josie’s Café. Not only did Josie serve the absolute juiciest fresh homemade hamburger in the world, remember I’m a teenager at the time I’m remembering this, she had her restaurant decorated with plates. Every square inch of the walls had a plate on it. There were fancy painted plates, plates from all over the world, fine china plates and pottery plates to name a few. I really didn’t know there could be that many different kinds of plates as well as so many unusual or beautiful designs. Our family even gave her a plate that my sister, who was living in Greece at the time, sent specifically to give to Josie. I really enjoyed going there, not just because of the hamburger, but to look at all the plates. I think the interest that I showed in her collection is what spurned me to be a very small collector and to enjoy looking at and shopping for unique plates for my own enjoyment. When I saw this Yellow Rose Porcelain Collector Plate from Carolina Blue Lady it reminded me of Josie’s Café, it is indeed a very beautiful and unique plate, one that would be a lovely addition to any plate collection. I think she is an avid collector of plates and is sure to have many beautiful items in her eCrater store, Carolina Blue Lady.



















Why I don't have a big plate collection, you ask? I admit it is indeed very hard to refrain from purchasing all the beautiful plates I see, or have seen over the years, and while I am fighting the temptation I just ask myself . . . Wow, wonder how long it took Josie to clean all of those plates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
www.e-referrer.com